A UK retail financial services product provider covering all UK FS markets including Life, Pensions, Investments and General Insurance require an experienced operational risk professional to bring expertise to the general insurance arm of the business. JOB DETAILS
As an Operational Risk Analyst you will form part of as small team and support the business in completion of its risk and control self-assessments. Duties will include but not be limited to:
* Ensure the business effectively owns risk maps, identifies updates required, and that OSX reflects these updates, including ensuring appropriate account taken of TCF.
* Monitoring the raising and satisfactory closure of risk events and issues on OSX
* Provision of OSX training to the 1st line business
* Support deep dive operational risk reviews in accordance with risk based plan
* To support wider CRO team activity, for example Conflicts of Interest tracking (including customer elements) and Solvency II scenario workshops
* Support the Insurance Governance, Planning and MI team in the preparation and delivery of risk/MI reporting and liaise with the Insurance Conduct Risk team to facilitate effective joined up oversight
* Develop formal skills/qualification and business/customer knowledge with the aim of progressing to full Risk Consultant role (capabilities, experience and vacancies permitting)
You will ideally have some formal risk, audit or accountancy qualification (or part qualification) along with knowledge and practical application of operational risk management expertise. OSX/Excel knowledge or more general IT systems experience with the ability to quickly develop and grasp new systems along with a good understanding of the principles of conduct risk management. This is a wide and varying role and an ability to manage and deliver to wide variety of stakeholders will prove to be very useful.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and reputable business. The role will provide ample exposure to the business as a whole and you will engage with a wide variety of stakeholders at different levels of seniority. This will provide you with an environment where you can develop yourself professionally and further technical and practical expertise.
Please quote 40574 when calling Alexander Lloyd on 01293 572900 and ask for our Compliance division. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.