The Company JOB DETAILS
A leading global insurance business based in central London has an immediate requirement for a FP&A Senior Analyst to join the FP&A team on an initial 6 month contract
Reporting directly into the head of FP&A you to provide financial and other assistance as required to meet the agreed goals and objectives of the business, finance function and FPA team. You will also ensure all FP&A deliverables are submitted on time and with appropriate sufficiency. This will cover Actuals, Forecasting and Planning (both the annual operating plan and the Strategic Plan).
* Assist with financial analysis, forecasts, annual and strategic plans, and all associated commentaries for Europe and senior management. Where relevant, this will involve providing tactical and strategic financial advice and support to Europe business units in order to meet the goals and objectives of the business
* Liaise with the Expense Management team (including Expense DFOs) to understand and document all key Admin and expense drivers. This will help to facilitate the management and control of direct and allocated/support expenses across all functions
* Liaise with the Reinsurance teams (e.g. Europe, Global Treaty, COG DFOs, etc.) to understand and document all key Outwards Reinsurance drivers
* Liaise with other Finance teams to assist in the timely preparation of monthly GAAP reporting for Europe
* Liaise with Reserving actuaries to understand and report reserve development (such as loss ratio updates, PYDs, CATs, OTR, etc.) for each Europe Business Unit
* Work closely with the FPA Process & Delivery Manager to drive forward change management initiatives and enhance the overall FPA processes
* Understand and explain performance on a monthly, quarterly and Full Year basis v Plan/Forecast/Prior Year, and prepare commentaries and presentations for senior management, executive committee and boards
Knowledge and experience
Qualified Accountant or Part Qualified with experience in Financial Planning & Analysis ['FP&A'] and commercial finance positions, ideally in a financial control area
Extensive insurance experience (Underwriting)
Candidate must be able to understand and be able to concisely collate financial and non-financial MI to sufficiently narrate business drivers and articulate 'the story'
Seasoned professional with strong stakeholder management and executive decision support experience
Use of Reporting and Business Intelligence tools (such as Microsoft Office applications, PeopleSoft, PCW, QlikView, FINMI, etc.) is desirable
Please quote 40945 when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. The Alexander Lloyd Interim Division is currently enjoying huge amounts of success in placing Part-Qualified and Qualified Accountants (or Equivalent), Project Managers and Interim Management in assignments throughout the South of England.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.