A consumer credit organisation is seeking an experienced Risk professional to join their team as an ERM Officer. This role can be based in either the Kent or London office and will be reporting into the ERM Manager. JOB DETAILS
The ideal candidate will be someone with previous risk management experience, have strong analytical, communication and reporting skills while able to effectively influence, negotiate with key stakeholders and demonstrate a high level of personal integrity.
* Assist the ERM Manager with ensuring a companywide Risk and Controls Assurance program. Processes include risk identification, assessment and mitigation strategies. To support this travel to other sites will be required on occasion.
* Embedding of the ERM culture through education and providing the business with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively assess Risk and make effective risk based decisions at both Strategic and Operational level.
* Responsible for the Risk Event reporting process, ensuring that the timeframe for the remediation of Risk Events is suitable. Including the management of the Risk Management Inbox and escalation of Risk Events where required.
* Assist the ERM Manager with continually refining and improving the Risk Management Framework.
* Provide advice, guidance and challenge on risk related matters relevant to the area of responsibility.
* Attend companywide Risk Management Groups helping the Line of Defense (typically 1st) to evaluate and document business risks and ensuring that the business areas have in place suitable risk treatment plans.
* Liaise with Risk Champions and Stakeholders within the business to obtain timely updates in reference to Risk and Risk Event mitigation.
* Attend and act as Secretary at the bi monthly Executive Audit and Risk Committee where required.
* Responsible for the production of the UK ERM MI pack - reporting on the businesses High Risks & Risk Events, Emerging Legal & Regulatory topics, Key Risk Indicators, Data Protection and Financial Crime Anti Bribery & Corruption.
* Have input into the review and maintenance of ERM policies and procedures and responsibility for ensuring they are embedded throughout the business.
* Respond to Client needs in the form of audit questionnaires and attend interviews related to Risk Management.
* Provide an efficient professional service to both internal and external stakeholders at all times.
You will have a degree/risk or financial services qualification and experience of working within Risk Management in an FCA regulated environment. You will be able to demonstrate quantitative and qualitative experience and ideally have some European language skills.
Please quote (43801) when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.