With our clients company growing organically over the last 5 years, the evolution of their procurement team has called for some changes. JOB DETAILS
With all the foundations in place for their procurement division they are building on the ethos that YES WE CAN - make this an amazing Procurement division.
Reporting to the Director of Cost I am looking for a Senior Procurement Operations Manager. This may then become a Head of Procurement Operations role depending on the candidate and experience.
This candidate will be seasoned in evolving and implementing operations and procurement. They will then run all the operation processes required to make this an effective Procurement Operation.
This candidate will be involved with the pivotal evolution and continued success of the procurement and Supply Chain Management operations of the business.
Engaging with Stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, this candidate will be at the forefront of implementing a programme of change and create this robust, efficient and business centric Procurement Operation.
* Lead development, application and training of robust procurement policies and processes, developing tool kits and controls as required to manage adherence and make processes easy for users, including our suppliers, to engage with.
* Lead Supplier Management Framework application and adherence from the centre, establishing robust adherence monitoring and reporting alongside training for business leaders
* Lead the forecasting of procurement resource requirements, ongoing workstacks for team, time to complete and considering upcoming initiatives and renewals to manage delivery of all activity in line with agreed business SLAs.
* Lead a robust due diligence process, implementing best practice approaches and ensuring appropriate resource and time is allocated to complete in line with target signing dates.
* Agree target signing dates with procurement leads, business owners, legal and diligence leads and suppliers to ensure alignment on priority and urgency of contract signing - then measure delivery against agreed time frames and communicate any changes consistently and in good time.
* Support aggregation and prioritisation of the procurement pipeline and ensure that the pipeline, target signing dates and prioritisation are being communicated clearly across the organisation.
* Take accountability for supplier master data management and establish and maintain a process to provide effective spend reporting to the Procurement team
* Conclude implementation of supplier relationship management system and establish more robust governance control reporting and supplier performance analysis and reporting.
* Procurement team performance data collection, reporting and analysis, such as savings reporting
* Leverage procurement best practices such as reverse auctions, working with procurement leads to select and implement any tools required.
* Establish a framework for supplier auditing.
* Lead contract adequacy review and contract summarisation processes.
* Maintain visibility of upcoming contract renewals, and consider for each contract at what stage tenders should be scheduled, or if no tender is planned, when contract renewal discussions should take place.
In addition to any other duties as requested to support and drive the business forward.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
At least 4-5 years' experience of a similar Procurement Operations role, preferably gained in the Financial Services sector.
* Ability to implement a programme of change, moving at pace, but keeping all team members and stakeholders on board.
This is an exciting time to become a significant body of change in an organisation which is moving forward with leaps and bounds in it's Procurement function.