Syndicate Financial Reporting Manager
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£85,000/£105,000 circa bonus bens
London (City) - Remote working for the foreseeable then flex working options
Alexander Lloyd Senior Finance are delighted to be partnering a Global (re) Insurer with the urgent hire of a Syndicate Financial Reporting Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the management of year-end financial and monthly management accounts for the numerous Syndicates as well as the managing agency and related capital provider
Key duties will involve
* Managing the GAAP Closing Process (including data integrity) providing full and comprehensive financial support and advice to the business as needed and ensuring that all scheduled tasks are completed and the close deadlines are met. Promote efficiencies to increase redundancies in the deadlines and allow for scalability to absorb additional units. This would include assessing the best locations for certain functions.
* The preparation, timeliness and accuracy of management accounts, and supporting the production of the annual statutory accounts for the entities. This includes adherence to the group wide reporting timetables and Group reporting standards and IFRS reporting
* Operating effective oversight of financial processes and controls for the entities
* Delivery of accurate financial information to the Regulatory Reporting, Planning and Analytics team under the Service Level Agreement in place
* Supervise the day to day running of the London Finance team to ensure the smooth running of the department. This covers all technical entries various underwriting platforms and associated general ledger accounts.
Candidate requirements (must have)
* Qualified accountant with 5 years PQE
* Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS/UK GAAP)
* Insurance syndicate expereince.
* Strong financial controls & close experience
* Availability within 1 months' notice maximum
Please quote 46632 when calling Alexander Lloyd or email them at email@example.com. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is the leading recruiter across a range of roles within the Finance and Accountancy space. From part to fully qualified accountants within Financial Reporting, Management Accounts, FP&A, commercial finance up to Director level throughout Surrey, Sussex, London & Kent.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest