One of the UK's most established and successful Financial Services product providers now require the appointment due to growth of a Conduct Risk Manager with a great understanding of the Mortgage Market Review JOB DETAILS
As the new Conduct Risk Manager you will be directly responsible for managing the provision of independent conduct risk advice and guidance to the business with specific focus on Lifetime Mortgage / Equity Release product line. You will engage directly with four senior managers on a regular basis. The key focus of the role will be to deliver effective 2nd line challenge managing their risks, to ensure that the conduct risk framework, policies and processes are embedded across the business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Provide conduct risk advice and guidance on new projects, products, propositions, services and other initiatives
* Set and manage the framework for providing 2nd line oversight of conduct risk matters within the business unit
* Provide advice and guidance to the business on regulatory change, including preparing responses and inputting to lobbying proposals, to ensure early awareness of initiatives and identification of emerging conduct risks.
* Develop and maintain effective and close working relationships with the relevant business areas and the Group Conduct Risk team to ensure effective co-ordination of resources and responsibilities.
* Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the conduct risk management framework and input to the conduct risk monitoring universe to ensure a consistent approach to the setting, managing and assessment of conduct risk across your own and wider business units.
* Be pro-active in maintaining up-to-date knowledge of conduct risk requirements, industry best practice and developments all to the ongoing benefit of the business.
* Deputise on occasions for Head of Conduct Risk as required and escalate issues as appropriate.
You will be an established compliance / risk professional with an ability to clearly demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge and experience of the FCA rules and practical application with a particular focus on MCOB and the Mortgage Market Review (MMR). Acquired expertise will also include knowledge of the principles of operational risk management, especially in relation to regulatory and customer focused risks . You will be able to interpret and apply regulatory rules and deliver technical compliance and risk advice across an organisation to different audiences. Needless to say you will be highly organised and excellent and open communicator who is able to deliver commercially aware solutions and engage with senior stakeholders forming effective and long lasting relationships.
This is a great opportunity to work for a highly reputable business with an established reputation as a provider of innovative financial products. This arm of the business has recently been acquired within the last few years and is on a very positive trajectory with significant growth in business as well as staff due over the next eighteen months. You will have every opportunity to further your own professional experience and standing within the business and in addition the very real prospect of learning other business lines within the organisation as part of a sensible contingency plan. Despite being part of a large organisation there is a definite 'close knit' feel to this business line and as a whole the organisation itself is one of tangible employee focus with a professional but relaxed ethos.
Please quote CGL1702-100 when calling Alexander Lloyd on 01293 572900 and ask for our Compliance division. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.