Risk & Governance Manager - Pensions
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Part of a highly successful and reputable financial services group is launching a pensions provider and seeking their first and likely standalone Risk and Governance Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is pivotal to the success of the new company. You will quality assure the technology and process implementation, providing technical, compliance and legislative oversight and support to management and operations teams.
As part of the management team the R&G Manager will take responsibility for all HMRC liaison, ensure processes implemented adhere to regulatory and business requirements, provide pensions technical support to the operations team, lead regulatory research and forecasting as well as reporting to regulators.
Involved in the set up the R&G Manager will be instrumental in ensuring:
* scheme control and monitoring and technology is configured and deployed to unwavering standards of professionalism;
* business risk is managed through identification and controls;
* company branding, culture and ethos is prevalent throughout the project and company.
The R&G Manager will be the subject matter expert on pension products, regulation and legislation.
Key responsibilities include:
* Building extensive knowledge of all areas of the new company and the technology integrations and interfaces.
* Applying of a risk-based and common-sense approach to the compliance monitoring process.
* Management of technical and regulatory requirements against control frameworks, identifying and providing analysis of potential risks to the business.
* Consider and develop the internal monitoring structure and effectiveness of controls.
* Supporting operations as the primary point of contact for internal technical queries, identifying and closing knowledge gaps within teams.
* Managing technical escalations through to resolution, raising to Senior Management or Compliance where necessary for additional considerations.
* Collating and feeding back trends in technical queries and exceptions to help facilitate service and operational improvements.
* Primary liaision with HMRC, including but not limited to managing the registration of new pension schemes and relief at source claims.
* Extracting and coordinating data for reporting or requests from HMRC or regulators.
* Supporting proposition design through technical and risk input and oversight.
* Keeping up to date with regulation and legislation, ensuring relevant stakeholders are aware of any changes and impact and recommending enhancements to processes and procedures.
* Supporting internal audits to assist with planning, execution and presentation of audit findings.
Skills and experience required for this role:
* Excellent technical knowledge, both DB and DC schemes, with 5 years experience in a pensions specialist in a governance or compliance capacity.
* Up to date Pension legislation knowledge and a strong understanding of applicable HMRC, FCA and TPR regulations including their interpretation and application.
Please quote (43325) when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.