A UK retail financial services product provider covering all UK FS markets including Life, Pensions, Investments and General Insurance require an experienced operational risk professional to bring expertise to the general insurance arm of the business. JOB DETAILS
As an Operational Risk Manager you will form part of the Insurance and General Insurance team for which you will be expected to deputise for on occasions. Primarily you will be responsible for the delivery of Enterprise Risk Registers; Conflicts of Interest papers and other risk reports to formal risk committees, boards and Excos.Reports will be based on skilled interpretation of 1st line input and provision of effective 2nd line challenge. Further duties will include:
* Lead deep dive risk reviews. Where applicable, drawing on own, or networking, specialist expertise.
* Objective challenge and oversight of cyber / data and strategic digital risk.
* Support 1st line and Prudential Risk in monitoring operational controls of key models (under Model Risk Control Framework).
* Support the SII operational risk capital scenario/modelling process and assist Head of Operational Risk in development of Operational Risk / Appetite MI.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Group and industry/regulatory operational risk requirements/best practice, including both commercial and customer impacts.
* Mentor, motivate and develop Risk Consultant and Risk Analyst team members, in a manner that is consistent with the company's policies and procedures, and ensuring that the team apply TCF principles to their work.
You will be an individual with strong operational risk knowledge and experience of its practical application. In addition a formal risk, audit or accountancy qualification. A good understanding of the importance of proportionate and robust risk management and capability/experience to assist 1st line business in achieving this is key to succeeding in this role along with an understanding of the principles of conduct risk management and TCF principles with effective senior stakeholder liaison and committee reporting.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and reputable business. The role will provide ample exposure to the business as a whole and you will engage with senior management and have the perfect opportunity to establish an excellent internal profile both furthering yourself professionally and being a genuine consideration for further growth and responsibility within the organisation.
lease quote 40570 when calling Alexander Lloyd on 01293 572900 and ask for our Compliance division. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.