Do you want to work with one of the leading companies as voted for by employees? JOB DETAILS
This client boasts a significant benefits package whilst being a great place to work too. If you want to be considered you must however see below.
To be in with a chance of consideration this Category Specialist must have a background in Professional Services/Corporate Category experience. Supporting the Category Manager on Indirect spend, whilst supporting on categories such as:
This seasoned and sophisticated procurement professional will have a key role to play in delivering a world class procurement service within a full category management environment.
Building strong relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and contractors alike you will consistently deliver high quality and cost effective solutions.
This procurement professional will utilise significant sector experience to streamline and fortify the current business with innovation and sustainable cost efficiencies whilst being mindful of governance and legal requirements.
Adept with supply chain concepts and how to improve them you will show demonstrable stakeholder engagement and practice your ability to influence, lead and resolve disputes.
* Support the development and delivery of the category management strategy, aligned to overall corporate procurement and corporate strategy.
* Responsible for management of specific category portfolio, including developing the category sourcing strategy, the selection of suppliers and contractual terms best suited to the category.
* Development of contract strategies, contract development and life-cycle management, updating and informing on contract information as appropriate.
* Manage compliance to all business, governance and legislative policies, initiatives and processes
* Ensures all portfolio activities from initial activities throughout all business reporting are effective, consistent and demonstrate seamless regulatory reporting.
* Responsible for liaising with, and providing support to, other areas of the business and resolving queries. Develops relationships with suppliers and contractors alike and creates strategic partnerships.
* Supports the identification, validation and integration of potential alternative suppliers.
* Maximise the effectiveness of category management by enabling the optimisation of the vendor database (based upon value and risk mitigation)
* Responsible for managing innovation and knowledge management for the category portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* Achievement of or working towards CIPS qualification or equivalent
* Educated to degree level with focus on procurement, engineering or business studies.
* Previous ownership of the cradle-to-grave procurement lifecycle for multi-million pound sourcing projects
* Working knowledge of industry standard contracts, i.e. NEC3 suit with experience of contract drafting.
* Experience in a procurement role within an engineering, construction or contractor environment
* Relevant category experience
* Able to influence & challenge internal stakeholders and co-workers, as well as the ability to decant measurable business needs
* Working knowledge of SAP and UVDB an advantage
* Strategic sourcing execution, i.e. cost, price and financial analysis, internal & external market analysis, category strategy, market testing and innovation.
* Supplier relationship management
* Project and time management skills
To be considered for this opportunity please get in touch and I can tell you more about the company and their benefits package!