An interesting and varied HR opportunity has arisen for a People Advisor to join this well known local organisation on a temporary basis for 3 months where you will JOB DETAILS
provide proactive, professional and appropriate business focused HR and Learning & Development guidance and support to managers to assist them in delivering the company plan.
Advise, support and coach managers to deal with a range of employee relations matters including disciplinary and grievance, managing performance and capability issues, absence management, Employment Tribunals and TUPE transfers
* Advise and support managers during change programmes (restructuring and redesign), exit and redundancy and redeployment programmes, project manage these where applicable. Assist managers in the consultation process with staff and provide professional guidance, solutions and support on the implementation process
* Collate the learning and development needs identified and agreed by managers and staff. Produce an L&D plan for senior managers to prioritise and approve ensuring this reflects organisational priorities and local needs
* Coordinate evaluations from interventions to provide managers with information on the effectiveness of the investment and to gain understanding for future use
* Monitor compliance with policies and procedures coaching managers to understand the implications of their actions and explaining the extent to which discretion is available
* Assist Managers with the identification of vacancies, interviewing and administering testing as required.
o Contributing to the development of HR and L&D policies and procedures ensuring a UK wide perspective is produced to meet business and statutory requirements
o Contributing to the development of training material for use on a UK wide basis
o Providing support to colleagues on technical issues e.g. disciplinaries, grievances, appeals
o Developing effective working relationships within the People team, locally and UK wide including Head Office, to facilitate the sharing of learning and practice and to ensure a cohesive operation
o Delivering training as required
* Manage staff assigned including recruitment and selection, induction, appraisal, training and development, communication, support and performance management
* Develop external networks and relationships to maintain and enhance professional knowledge
* Complete other tasks and assume other duties as required and appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the role
CIPD qualification or relevant experience gained in either HR, L&D or management of staff
* Knowledge and understanding of current Employment Law and HR Practices and their day-to-day application
* Knowledge and understanding of advising on and delivering Learning and Development in an organisational context
* Understanding of Data Protection legislation, its implications and the need to comply
* Experience of providing advice and support to managers on issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, redundancy, TUPE or absence management.
* Experience of advising managers to develop and performance manage their people
* Experience of line managing people through all aspects of employment including recruitment, performance management and development
Please quote HNF1701-66 when calling Alexander Lloyd on 01293 572900 and ask for our HR division. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd Human Resources Recruitment Solutions is the leading recruiter for HR Director, Manager, Business Partner, Learning & Development and Reward opportunities across Surrey, Sussex, Kent and South East London.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.