We are currently working with a company based in Crawley who are seeking a part qualified financial analyst to join the team on a permanent basis. JOB DETAILS
The main purpose of this role is to provide business support to Senior Management in the areas of Product Costing, Project Accounting, Operations and Marketing. This is a pivotal role, creating a vital link between Operations and Finance, with the view to optimise understanding and control of cost base, promote and maintain continuous improvement, and maximise efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of output.
Some of your responsibilities will include but no be limited to:
* Produce timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly management reporting and analysis.
* Manage the accounting and verification of Fixed Assets, Prepayments and New Product Development Projects.
* Assist the Finance Manager to continuously improve and develop a comprehensive reporting suite that is relevant and useful to the end users.
* Work closely with Procurement to ensure that material costs are accurately recorded for standard costing purposes.
* Monitor Material Movements, and analyse price and usage variances.
* Co-ordinate, action and review the setup of new inventory items in the system, amend current inventory items, and ensure all data is accurate and up to date.
* Business partnering with relevant managers to facilitate the Budgeting process, and review monthly variances to Actuals and identify areas where cost control is needed.
* Perform analytical reviews to Direct and Indirect costs in the P&L, with a view to understanding and explaining variances to Budget, Standard costing & identify unusual items.
* Assist in the production of budgets and re-forecasts.
* Work closely with the Operations team to follow up on project revenue and costs.
* Perform month end stock reconciliation and closely monitor movements in inventory and keep management informed of reasons for movements.
* Periodically attend stock counts to ensure they represent what is physically held and that the adjusting journals are correctly transacted.
* Monitor and reconcile WIP, explain major variances and calculate intercompany profit in stock.
The successful candidate will:
* Be qualified or part qualified in CIMA, ACA or ACCA.
* Be comfortable with using integrated accounting systems, and have advanced excel skills, with some financial modelling experience.
* Be self-motivated, dedicated and pro-active member of the team supporting the furthering of the standards of the department and finding solutions that fit the business.
* Diligent, enthusiastic, and driven, with an excellent work ethic, and a "can do" attitude.
* Have good personal time management and priority setting, and comfortable working to deadlines.
The company are offering a competitive benefits package.
Please quote 40762 when calling Alexander Lloyd on 01293 572900 and ask for our Accountancy and Finance division. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd Finance and Accountancy is the leading recruiter of part-qualified Accountants, Financial and Management Accountants, Financial Controllers, and Finance Directors across Surrey, Sussex, London and Kent.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.