Business Applications Manager
Location - South London with flexible/hybrid working options!
£75,000/£85,000 Car allowance Bonus Bens
Alexander Lloyd are proud to be exclusively partnering a progressive and forward thinking International Retail/FMCG Organisation with the restructure of their IT team resulting in a number of key openings/hires.
The Business Applications Manager will play a pivotal role in the teams IT offering and reports into the Global CIO, this is a great opportunity for a self-motivated & ambitious individual who shines in a fast paced and vibrant environment!
The organisation has significant growth plans and it's a really exciting time to join them on this journey.
The primary purpose of this role is to be the manager of the Business Applications team with overall responsibility for the business applications used globally to ensure that the technical solutions provided meet the needs of the business and that the Business Applications team is seen as a 'value adding partner' by the business.
* Build a Business Applications team that has the required capability to meet the needs of the business. This includes being seen by the business to be a partner for them that can lead the thinking, understand the business's challenges and implement / support solutions that enable the business strategy and overall direction.
* Provide day to day management and leadership of the Business Applications team to ensure that they are delivering the ongoing development and support of the organisations business application landscape to an appropriate standard and level of service. This will include owning the 'objectives setting and performance management' process for the Business Applications team.
* Personally create relationships with key business stakeholders by providing subject matter expertise based on a combination of good business knowledge and strong SAP knowledge so that you are viewed as a 'value adding partner' by those stakeholders.
* Identify opportunities to improve the technology solutions used by the organisation and be part of defining the overall technology roadmap.
* Where applicable, manage technology vendors for Business Application solutions, including their performance, understanding their roadmaps, etc.
* Own and manage part of the IT budget and associated monthly spend.
* Lead the (re)definition and ongoing management of standards / working practices within the Business Applications area to ensure that all work is delivered efficiently, effectively and professionally.
Skills and Experience
* Experience of managing and leading a team in a role with similar responsibilities to those outlined above.
* Excellent business knowledge of end-to-end processes and how they fit into the overall business landscape, ideally gained in a number of different organisations.
* Excellent knowledge (gained over a number of years) of SAP ECC6.0 (part of Business Suite 7), with an understanding (not necessarily 'hands on') of its technical components (modules, configuration, ABAP, integration capabilities, etc.) and how it maps to end to end business processes.
* Strong knowledge of core IT standards and working practices, including all aspects of the project lifecycle.
* A good knowledge of the fundamentals of EDI and how it works.
* A working knowledge of technology integration principles, and an understanding of architectural principles.
Please quote (last five digits 48392) when calling Alexander Lloyd or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is the leading recruiter across a range of roles within the FMCG sector.