Alexander Lloyd are delighted to be collaborating with a truly global sports brand as they look to appoint a permanent Senior Category Manager. JOB DETAILS
Senior Category Manager - Technology & Corporate (Team Manager) will be working in line with Company & Procurement policy, processes and the category of expenditure, to deliver a high standard of service to our stakeholders
Reporting to the Head of Procurement and responsible for the following:
Category Manager x 2, Junior Category Manager x 1
* Leading in the development of your category through strong leadership, stakeholder management and delivery of best value agreements for the business.
Working with the Head of Procurement & relevant business Directors to deliver a long-term
* Category vision, with a clear strategy and operating plan, supporting Procurement's objectives, business strategy and its priorities and improving the measurable contribution of the Team to business performance.
* Using Category insight and analysis (spend data, tools & processes) to create a category plan to socialise and agree with all relevant stakeholders. Creation of a yearly project plan for all key category priorities to be delivered, ensuring that resources are optimally used.
* Negotiate with suppliers to provide value for money and business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals, execution of agreements that manages the Group's risk appropriately and are in alignment with business needs.
* Support and coach direct reports through regular feedback meetings, setting of yearly objectives and completing End of Year assessments.
* Support the business in drafting specifications / statement of works and ensure the final product is clear, unambiguous and meaningful to the marketplace / contract.
* Continuously improve team processes (and lead on initiatives when required) that will enhance efficiency within the team and / or drive best practice for the wider business;
Own the Procure to Pay process of all Purchase Order Requisition's (POR) within your category and ensure that the businesses are compliant in their requests.
Knowledge and Skills Required
* In depth knowledge of commercial and contract management trends in the Digital Technology and Broadcasting markets to apply best practice to supplier engagement and management.
* Ability to draft & interrogate specifications, statement of works, etc. and negotiate contracts with external third parties including up to C Level Executives internally & externally to meet business objectives.
* Category management track record within an organisation using industry best practice tools and processes, including competency using Excel / Pivot Tables
* Ability to influence and drive behavioural change both internally and with the supply chain.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills supported by strong written and presentation styles.
* Working knowledge of P2P system
* Substantial procurement experience at a senior level position within a demanding environment, Digital Technology or Broadcasting experience preferred.
* Direct Line management experience (preferable)/ indirect coaching experience (essential)
Educated to degree level and / or MCIPS (or equivalent experience)
Known for their speed, they are working fast on this role too. GET IN TOUCH.
Please quote (45330) when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Procurement recruitment.
We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role.