A leading financial services group specialising in Investment Management, Financial Advice, Banking and Accountancy, is currently recruiting for a qualified Deputy Company Secretary to join the team, with a view to progressing to Company Secretary in the next few years. JOB DETAILS
There are 4 juniors in the team who you will be highly involved in managing and developing, so management experience is required for this position.
You will deputise for the Group Company Secretary, assuming secretaryship of subsidiary companies as required.
Responsibilities - either directly or by appropriate delegation and allocation amongst the team
* Setting the annual meeting calendar, drafting agendas, distributing papers, minuting of meetings and the follow-up of actions (to be allocated between the team) for the various boards and committees for which the team provides secretarial services.
* Prepare agendas and undertake preparatory work for general meetings and members' meetings of the Group's limited liability partnerships, where necessary, the obtaining of proxy forms
* Ensure the timely returns of group companies and limited liability partnerships are filed at Companies House
* Maintain the other statutory registers of all other group companies and limited liability partnerships
* Assist the Group Company Secretary in compliance with the senior management regime including updating the management responsibilities map and reviewing the senior managers statements of responsibilities
* Assist the Group Company Secretary, in conjunction with the Group Head of Legal and Compliance, in reviewing and advising the board on updates to the governance arrangements, including the committee terms of reference and the board's governance manual, to ensure the governance meets current regulatory requirements
* To maintain the Registers of Interests of the group's partners/directors/associate directors and others and to make any necessary filings and/or announcements.
* Maintain lists of authorised signatories on behalf of the group and to submit changes thereto to the Operations Committee
* Provide input into Group annual report and accounts plus subsidiary statutory accounts as required
* Work with the Group Company Secretary to provide suitable induction for new directors
* Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
* Work closely with the Shareholder Services Team on matters relating to shares and scheme schemes as required
Experience and Skills Required:
* Qualified Company Secretary
* Experience within a regulated financial services organisation
* Ideally PLC/IPO experience
* Team management experience
Please quote (42881) when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.