A leading banking and finance organisation is seeking an experienced Credit Risk professional to join their team in Surrey. Reporting into the Head of Wholesale Risk you will be responsible for managing the risk associated with motor dealerships. JOB DETAILS
Credit Risk experience gained in financial services is essential, ideally with knowledge of underwriting and experience of dealing with clients face to face. Some travel will be involved on occassions to dealerships across the UK, although this will be limited.
It is possible that this role may become a management position with up to 2 reports, so managerial experience would be desirable, but not essential as not guaranteed to be a man-management role.
* Assessment and underwriting of all lending proposals within their personal portfolio to ensure that all credit risks are identified and considered prior to approval or their subsequent recommendation to the appropriate underwriting authority in either the UK or Spain.
* Analysis of financial statements including Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Cashflow statements in order to measure a dealer's financial viability.
* Undertake rate grading assessments using the internal model and tool to monitor our dealer portfolio.
* Organise and run the monthly Manufacturer meeting including the completion of dashboards on High Risk dealers, analysis of Manufacturer composite data, review of the stock situation across both the Manufacturer and individual dealers.
* Support the Manufacturer in the appointment of new franchisees from an underwriting point of view and ensure the appropriate set up is performed in a timely manner in liaison with other internal departments.
* Undertaking site visits (when necessary) to interview business owners / directors, obtaining relevant financial and non-financial information in order to provide recommendations to the appropriate underwriting authority.
* Structure and negotiate security arrangements in support of lending proposals including acting as the main point of contact with the legal advisors/solicitors etc.
This company offers a fantastic benefits package including 30 days holiday, a quarterly bonus scheme a generous pension scheme and private medical cover.
Please quote (43407) when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.