An established and prestigious Higher Education provider are seeking an HR Manager to work at an operational level, providing professional advice to staff within the business area on HR matters . JOB DETAILS
1. Provide advice on all aspects of HR operations, ensuring that all staff area are expertly advised on HR-related matters. This will include direct operational advice to both managers and staff members in relation to individual employment issues
2. Provide management reports on a monthly basis (or appropriate frequency) for Line Managers offering advice on trend data and/or problem cases. Monitor manpower figures for business area and undertake detailed statistical analysis of HR management information in order to inform HR interventions for the business area.
3. Deliver a customer focused, proactive HR support service, ensuring that all interventions are aligned with central transactions.
4. Ensure HR policies are fit for purpose, up-to-date and in line with current legislation.
5. Provide HR advice to the business in transformational change; this may relate to providing support for restructuring, TUPE transfers, major operational project work; providing managers with tools for appropriate change interventions.
6. Ensure communications to staff are fair, consistent, timely and accurate, taking care to ensure they are aligned with wider HR and organisational objectives.
7. Support informal and formal HR processes across the employee lifecycle and/or represent the business area as a panel member on grievance, disciplinary, capability, PRP etc. committees.
8. Develop a network of close working relationships with key stakeholders both within the business area and across the University to ensure the effective resolution of HR queries and that the advice provided is up-to-date and recognises the impact of changes in employment legislation.
9. Plan, manage and deliver an effective induction programme for all new staff and ensure a highly effective training and development programme to deliver a high performing workforce
10. Manage the workload of the HR administrator
Ideally a CIPD qualified graduate (or equivalent experience), you will have Generalist HR experience preferably gained in the Higher Education sector.
This role offers variety and hands-on HR experience in a unique environment. A competitive salary of up to £38,000 is available d.o.e.
Please quote HSG1611-10 when calling Alexander Lloyd on 01293 572900 and ask for our HR division This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd Human Resources Recruitment Solutions is the leading recruiter for HR Director, Manager, Business Partner, Learning & Development and Reward opportunities across Surrey, Sussex, Kent and South East London.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.