A well known international investments and pensions business is seeking to add to its newly created Risk team with a Senior Risk Manager to focus on the Pensions side of the business. JOB DETAILS
In a highly technical and strategic standalone role, alongside other Risk Managers covering other risks and area of the business, you will take responsibility for supporting the end-to-end pension product and distribution activity in the UK. You will ensure that risks are managed in line with risk appetite, resolving issues and embedding risk frameworks and ensure compliance with these, as well as leading on the ORSA risk and capital process and any regulatory disclosures under Solvency II.
- Coordinate all risk activities with a focus on DC Pensions and SIPP, providing risk insight and help to the business to fully understand their risk profile
- Proactively challenge existing practices and recommend risk solutions
- Identify, assess, manage and report emerging risks to the UK Business and the Boards, leading regular risk assessment and scenario planning exercises
- Embed Group-wide risk management frameworks and systems, driving continuous improvement and excellence
- Providing leadership when major incident and events occur and ensure appropriate escalation takes place and mitigation activities are actioned
- Provide risk management training and education to increase risk awareness in the business
- Carry out risk-based reviews and provide assurance to the business that current processes are operating as intended and in line with risk appetite. Where control weaknesses or adverse customer journeys are identified, recommend mitigation actions
- Continuously improve risk monitoring and report to key stakeholders and committees
To be considered for this Senior Risk Manager role it is essential that you have strong risk, compliance or audit experience within the Pensions industry at a senior level. Although a standalone role, and therefore requiring a hands-on mentality, you must also display proven leadership skills, innovation and outstanding communication and negotiation skills, as well as proven excellence in providing innovative ideas being comfortable working under pressure. A Masters or post-graduate qualification is highly desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading financial services company with an excellent reputation as an employer in the South East. You will join a new and growing Risk team and take responsibility on both a strategic and hands on level for your area of risk covering your specific business area. A wonderful chance to enjoy an exciting role and continue to progress your career within a supportive but corporate environment outside of the stresses of London.
Please quote CDP1609-149 when calling Alexander Lloyd on 01293 572900 and ask for our Compliance division. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.