As Procurement Assistant you will be responsible for the ongoing development, improvement and documentation associated with procurement activities, systems, and policies to support the Procurement function and the business as a whole. JOB DETAILS
* Document control and continuous improvement of Procurement governance, polices and processes so that they are efficient and employed consistently. This includes both formal controlled policies and procedures, and other procurement templates.
* The development and maintenance of Procurement templates, tools, and guidance for use by the Procurement Department and wider organisation as appropriate; to ensure that all Procurement team members have access to the processes they require
* To complete assurance checks on compliance to Procurement governance, policies and processes, both within the department and externally within the business, working with the Commercial Reporting & Analytics team to produce relevant data, information and reporting that demonstrates compliance and highlights any exceptions.
* To assist with development and implementation of communications plans, including the maintenance of the Procurement Intranet pages.
* To work with other Subject Matter Experts to ensure that key business risks are adequately described in the relevant procurement processes. This will include, but not limited to; Environmental, Data Protection, Cybersecurity and Health & Safety
* To provide support and basic training on the Procurement governance, policies, processes, systems, tools and templates to be used, both within the Procurement department and wider organisation
* To assist with the maintenance of the Procurement Procedures Manual and supporting master documents and templates, and ensure that any links to other procedures manual and documents are kept up to date
* To support the development of processes and procedures that ensure the management and capture of knowledge, lessons learnt and improvements across the Procurement department and where relevant, the business as a whole
* To support the maintenance of Procurement training plans for the wider procurement function.
Suitable candidates will have some procurement administration experience and ideally have good knowledge of
process management, analysis and improvement techniques. You will also have a good awareness of procurement governance and risk management. This is a great chance to join a growing, busy procurement function.